Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Monday, May 14, 2012

I'm back

There is nothing like a vacation to renew your soul.  There is also a lot to be said for sleeping in your own bed after time in your own shower. 
AH and I spent the last week on vacation in Branson, Mo with Nathan, Barb and kids.  Branson is not exactly my kind of town, too touristy and commercial, but we did have a good time.  We spent 2 days at Silver Dollar City.  Now if you know me at all you know i hate heights and anything that goes round and round you'll not want to be nearby.  I sent the family off for all that fun and I took classes at the Midwest Living(yeah the magazine)Culinary and Craft School.  The building is country charming, the kitchen would make any cook envious and the staff is professional and kind.  The master craftsman chef Debbie taught the lessons.  She was fun and informative and gave a lot of tips on how you could adapt the recipes to your family's likes.  The recipes she demonstrated are in the current issue of the magazine.  I haven't been home long enough to make any of them yet, but they will be coming soon and I'll make sure you can see them here.  right now you'll have to settle for pics of the school.


The school looks like a home.  Country charming


Knock out roses almost cover the front of the wraparound porch

The porch goes all around the building with great views from all sides.  It's filled with comfy rockers for resting in the shade.


Vies into the amphitheater from the back porch.
 After all the traveling there really is no place like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment