Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

antibacterial handmade wipes

With a 17 year old cat who has decided she must live on the kitchen counter, I wipe off my counters frequently during the day.  I keep them in the bathroom for quick wipe ups as well as in the camper.  They are safe enough for a baby's bottom.  These are really easy and cost about a penny a piece to use.  Compare that to the store bought wipes and that's a big savings every month.
Here's what you need:
1 roll Bounty paper towels(don't go cheap they fall apart)
13/4C water
2T baby shampoo $store is fine
2T baby oil
20drops tea tree oil you can find this in health food stores and on line.  If you can't find it use lemon or lavender essential oil
Cut the paper towel in half I use my electric knife.  Run a knife down the center all around the tube and pull it out.
Pop towels into a plastic bag or container
Mix the water and other ingredients and pour over the towels.  Turn over a few times to get the liquid dispersed through the towels.  Use as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment