Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

pork temderloin dinner

One of the things I love most about summer is cooking meals on the grill.  The mess and the heat are outside instead of in your kitchen.  One of the things I like to do is cook a tenderloin, turkey breast, or roast on indirect heat on the grill.  It takes a little longer than a burger or steak but the flavor makes the wait worth it.
Pork tenderloin roast this one was 3#
season the pork with salt, pepper and garlic powder.  Place on indirect heat on the grill and cook according to package directions.  I turned on the 2 outside burners of the grill and put the tenderloin in the center. Turn frequently and brush with a mix of olive oil and lemon juice every time you turn.  You could also use Italian dressing.  Mine was done in 75 minutes.  About 20 minutes before the meat was done I filled my grill pan with sliced onions, peppers split in half and potaoes.  Brush every thing with the same marinade and watch every minute.  These can go from perfect to charcoal in seconds.


My favorite new product.  They just started carrying these in my local store, and they are sweet and delicious.  The bag lasted through several meals over a 2 week period and stayed fresh and crisp.  At about $3.50 a bag they are a little pricy but the price of red peppers around here is rediculous and farmers markets haven't gotten strated well yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment