Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Old friends

I have mentioned before how blessed I am to have such smart, wonderful, dependable  friends.  One of my oldest friends was in town for a flying trip over the weekend.  After a week of teaching it would take something special to get me off my couch on a Friday night.  It was great spending time with Sherry, partner Kathy and Sherry's friends and family.  She was the Maid of Honor at our wedding 40+ years ago.  She stayed skinny and young looking, me, not so much.  What's the old girl scout song?  "Make new friends but keep the old.  One is silver and the other gold."  CCherish your friends and the time you can spend with them.  Make time to spend with them, it's important.  Other people in your life will pass by, but true friends are there for the long haul.


Sherry and Kathy


No comments:

Post a Comment