Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Friday, April 13, 2012

Inspiration

People ask me all the time where  I get my ideas.  I usually tell them I saw it in a magazine or on the Internet.  The truth is inspiration is every where you look.  The color of a flower can inspire a flower arrangement or decorating choice.  A design on Pinterest can spark the imagination to make something.  There really are few truly original ideas out there.  What makes it unique is how you interpret the idea and make it yours.  This is true in every part of your life from business, decorating, parties or crafts.  Look at everything from all sides.  See how you can make something that is you not made for millions.  That is part of the joy of life.  How does this apply to business/  Easy.  Make the best product or develop the best service out there.  Make it uniquely your own.  Let the world know and they'll beat a path to your door.
Right now we are working on our website for Vintage Cottage Beauty, our store and our  Facebook store.  It's all very overwhelming at times.  Especially the geeky stuff that doesn't compute in my brain.  How glad am I that my husband and sons all love working on that stuff and leave the creative stuff for Kathy and me?   Businesses are changing at the speed of light and if you don't change with the times you'll be left behind

No comments:

Post a Comment