Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Thursday, April 12, 2012

bag redo

The purists and the fashionistas among you should just not look at this post.  I'd had this Kate Spade bag for at least 6 years.  My sis had bought it at a gift show as a sample and never used it and finally gave it to me.  I loved the size and the fabric but it sat in a box until last week.  Why?  Because it was a back pack, and that just isn't me.  I got it out and decided to redo it. 


I carefully removed the straps, took the zipper off each side and restitched the pieces into shoulder straps.  I opened the stitching at the top of the bag, inserted the straps and restitched.  That's it, a new shoulder bag, perfect for summer.  No Paula you can't have it back!
What good is it to have something if you don't use it?  See how you can make it work for you.  This took me less than 30 minutes and no money for a "new" designer bag that won't be living in a box any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment