Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

more spring

first rose of the season


wegelia just blooming


cold frames


Simple wooden boxes made to fit windows that use to be on the house.  These sit along the front of the big garden.  they must look strange from the street.  Last year a lady asked me why I had coffins in my yard.  The funeral home is two doors down.  Maybe she thought I was storing the coffins for them.
 Spring is here with a vengeance.  After a couple of weeks of what is normal temperatures it"s finally warmed up enough to work out side.  There are still a lot of chores to do.  The beauty and peacefulness of the garden and yard make all the work and sore muscles worth while.
To get a jump on the season, cold frames are great.  Just plant your favorite seeds in peat trays and pop into the cold frames after they germinate.  Water regularly and don't forget to prop the windows open if it's really warm out.  Since these have no heat to them I would throw a couple of blankets over them if it was going to get really cold at night.
I probably could save $200 on buying plants if I just didn't use that extra money for MORE plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment