Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Monday, April 23, 2012

cottage cheese pound cake

I know it sounds disgusting, but it's really delicious.  Most Tuesdays I have friends over for dinner and Glee.  I love to cook for more than just AH and I.  It's also a great way to stay connected to friends with our insanely busy lives.  Last week I decided to make a pound cake for dessert.  I used a box mix and followed the directions.  I also added  2 melted blocks of chocolate.  When I went to the frig to grab the sour cream, I like to add to cake mixes to make them extra moist, it was growing furry blue stuff.  YUCK.  I grabbed my low fat cottage cheese and whirled it with the stick blender until smooth, right in the measuring cup.  I put that into the mix, About 3/4C, bake the cake according to directions on the box. 
Serve with fruit and whip cream.



No comments:

Post a Comment