Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Monday, December 5, 2011

Happy Birthday

Today is my mothers birthday.  I won't tell you how old because she'd kill me, but a little hint; she was 20 when she had me.  She is without a doubt my hero, and I know I can never be as strong, brave or good natured no matter how hard I try. 
Born after the end of the depression the midwest was still reeling from its effects.  She grew up at the height of WW 2 and maried Dad at 19.  He went back into the Navy and she had to move every year or so.  With 3 kids under 6 in tow she traveled half way around the world to Japan, Okinawa, California, Illinois and Florida.  She had to single handedly raise us kids while Dad was onboard a ship.  She was one of the first working women I knew in the early 60's.  She had a sucessful career, got us grown and has gone on to be a dedicated volunteer and fabulous quilter.  All this while keeping my father in line(a full time job in itsself). 
Your three children  love you beyond measure.  We are so blessed to have you.
If you still have your mother give her a hug and tell her you love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment