Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Monday, December 26, 2011

winter centerpiece

Red twig dogwood branches from the yard.



Spary branches lightly over newspaper and sprinkle with crystal glitter.


Dollar store 6" star ornament, cute but not the look I'm going for.  2 coats of white spray paint and a little glitter make them look much better.


Fill clear vases with sugar, salt or sand, stick branches in.  Place on a tray, add pine cones, stars and a few snowflakes.  it's wintery without screaming Christmas so I can leave it up a while.


I added a few battery votives tucked behind to stars and pinecones.  They're much safer than regular candles.  These were 3 for a dollar at Dollar Tree.  You just gotta love that place.


No comments:

Post a Comment