Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

spice mixes

Some of the recipes I used for my spice mixes I gave as gifts this year.


Paula Deen house seasoning. 
This is a great blend to use for all your everyday cooking.  I find myself reaching for it all the time.
1C Kosher or sea salt
1/4C pepper, use coarse ground
1/4C garlic powder
Mix well and store in an air tight container

Bread dipping mix
1tsp red pepper flakes
1T black pepper, rosemarty, oregano, basli, parsley
2T garlic powder
1tsp salt (optional)
Mix everything together and store in an air tight container.  To use as a dip mix 1T with 1/2 good quality olive oil.  I often make slices in a loaf of Italian bread but don't cut all the way through and brush the mix/olive oil combo beteewn the slices.  Wrap in foil and heat.YUM!!


Ranch dip
I didn't get around to this one but it sounds great and my family eats ranch dressing as a main course not a condiment.
3T onion flakes
21/2 tsp paprika
1T parsley
2tsp salt, sugar, pepper
11/2tsp garlic powder
To make a dip use 1T with 1C sour cream
To make dressing use 1-2T with 1C both mayo and buttermilk

No comments:

Post a Comment