Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Monday, December 19, 2011

junking bonanza

 I went with a friend to a relative of hers that is downsizing from a huge old farm house.  Now this is my idea of fun on a Sunday afternoon.  Rosa was junker before the name was invented and has years of accumulation in her sewing room.  We had a ball digging through old baskets, drawers and closets searching out old sewing supplies, fabric and buttons.  Her stories about different thing made it an even better adventure.  I came home with seven bags and boxes of stuff and barely made a dent.  Rosa has headed south for the winter but has invited us back in the Spring.  I am so there!!!

boxes of buttons, this is just a handful


piles of zippers, tape, spools and yards of laces.  I feel down right wealthy.
People ask me all the time how I find all this great junk.  It mostly seems to find me but I do keep my eyes open, let people know what your looking for and be open to the posibilities you may have never thought of.

No comments:

Post a Comment