Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

tables

I've aquired several tables that I've been working on lately.  While many are still in the base coat stage some are almost ready for delivery to Home Again where I sell my work.  Little tables always sell well for me so I like to keep plenty in the works.

I think I will add a small stencil in the center.  It's hard to tell but the base of this is white and the top is cream with metallic gold stenciling.  All it needs is a coat of dark wax.

The top of this is leather that was stained and ugly, I decoupaged the top with pieces of brown paper bags and glue.  One more coat of sealer and it is good to go.

The bottom of this is a charming group of  cherubs.  The top is cheap looking marbled MDF and looks really nasty.  I will paint a wood round to look like marble to replace what is ugly and chipped.

Yep that tag says $8 and I got 20% off so it is worth a try to make this look new and beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment