Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Friday, April 10, 2015

star burst mirror

Star burst mirrors are still a hot decorating item.  I decided I wanted one for the living room to bring a little sparkle and black into the room.  A 7" mirror, 1'8" dowels, skewers, spray paint, glue E6000, 2" and 1/2" mirrors and a small piece of foam core and a little time and it was done.  Just glue the large mirror to a circle of foam core 1/2" smaller.  On another circle the same size glue the dowels and skewers in a random or lined up pattern, spray paint after the the glue is dried. I cut the skewers 2" and 4" shorter that the dowels for added interest. Do 2-3 light coats instead of 1 heavy one to avoid runs.  When everything is dry glue the circles together.  I put a piece of wire between the two layers as a hanger. Add the additional mirrors stabilizing with tape to hold them in place until everything is dry.  Hang and enjoy.  Cost of the mirrors and dowels under $8, I already had everything else.


No comments:

Post a Comment