Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Monday, April 27, 2015

week end fun

No kitchen update this week.  We spent the weekend in the big city visiting with kids and grand kids, the very best kind of fun.  Saturday we had the opportunity to visit the St Louis Vintage Market Days.  It was a chilly morning but the rain held off.  The white tents extended out at least a half mile on both sides of the main walk way.  Every kind of vintage wares you could hope for were beautifully displayed.  They really discourage you from taking pictures but I did make several sketches for new products after I got back to the car. Yes the prices were high but I went most to check out ideas and see what's new in the vintage world.  I've thought and talked about throwing a  vintage show in this area for several years now.  If I want to do it this is the time, now I just have to find the cash to develop it.  I only bought one treasure this beautiful aluminum basket.  It would look great with flowers, I could pile it with  new mail or I might use it for  napkins for our next dinner party.  I've never seen one like this so for me at $12 it was a real score.


No comments:

Post a Comment