Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Monday, February 27, 2012

SURPRISE

In a conversation  several months ago I had told AH that I would probably faint if he was able to pull off a  surprise party.  Organization and planning are not his strong points and he really hates doing that kind of thing.  Imagine how surprised I was when I walked into a restaurant Saturday night and had a big surprise birthday party waiting for me.  All the kids and grand kids were there along with my mother-in-law,2 sister-in-laws and brother-in-laws, niece and nephew and great nephew.  I was totally in shock mode.  What a way to celebrate.
I don't mind the birthday part, who doesn't love cake and presents?   But I think I'll just not count how many years any more.
I've had a great week of celebrating.  Last week I went to see the play "Chicago" and went out to dinner.  I only worked 11/2 days then took off for the big city for some serious Grandma time.  I got to junk, go to a huge home and garden show and shop.  And most importantly hang out with the grand kids. The party was the cherry on top. The cake was zebra print and 100% chocolate, my favorite.  A good time was had by all.
I am truly blessed to have such a warm and loving family and that we are close enough to see each other often.  We may occasionally drive each other crazy, but the love gets us through anything as long as we have each other.


Yummy chocolate cake and presents, who could ask for anything more


Grand kids except the blond,  that's my nephew Ryan


family photo.  Aren't we cute?


No comments:

Post a Comment