Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

I did it

Sometimes the weirdest things hold you back from what you need or want to do.  I've always pondered about having one of my projects published in a magazine.  Mind you I never did a thing to make this happen until now.  With a few pushes and encouragement from the people in my life I've submitted a project to Somerset Life for consideration.  I felt like I was packing up one of my kids or pets to mail off to California.
Will it get picked? Who knows, they must get thousands of submissions each year.  Why did I wait so long? Probably fear of rejection, lack of confidence and self doubt?
What is holding you back from starting toward your dreams?  What can you do today to start?  Life is just too darn short to live with regrets and what ifs.


This is the project I submitted to the magazine.  It's a little tote bag for craft supplies, makeup etc.  The chalenge was to make something useable out of flour sack towels.  I'll give details how to make it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment