Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Monday, February 13, 2012

lightbulb bug

I made several of these adorable bugs last summer and thought the winter doldrums was a good time to think about summer things.
Here's what you need:
1 bulb I used a Christmas bulb because of the color and I bought a bunch of them on clearance for 5 cents each.
2 beads in proportion to the size of your bulb
thin wire if it is not coated it will rust
magnet or stiff wire
Glue (I used E6000) beads onto the base of the bulb to look like eyes
Twist wire around the middle and form into wings and wrap back around middle.  There's no correct way to do this just do what you like.  Secure with a drop of glue.
If you want to use as a magnet glue on a heavy duty magnet.  For a plant stake continue the wire from wings down and wrapped around a heavier wire.  I've also used them on signs as a 3D embellishment

No comments:

Post a Comment