Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Monday, February 6, 2012

fresh focatia bread

One of things I like about eating Italian food at a restaurant is the bread.  This one is very simple and delicious fresh out of the oven or heated up later.

You can use refrigerated pizza dough or hot roll mix.  That's what I had on hand so that's what I used.  I live 20 miles from a good size grocery store so I often have to use what I have.
Make dough as using the recipe for pizza dough or just unroll the tube kind.  Place on a baking sheet that has been liberally brushed with olive oil.  Brush the top with olive oil and add your favorite ingredients.  I used caramelized onions, black olives, a sprinkle of Italian seasoning, coarse salt and pepper, and fresh grated parmesan chees.  Bake for the time your package says.  Add more grated cheese if you want, you know I do.  Enjoy!  This freezes well, just wrap in foil and heat in the oven until warm and toasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment