Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

work room clean up

I don't know about you but my work room/studio becomes a total disaster zone after the holidays.  Everything get piled in there during the holidays until I  have to dig it out before I can work on anything else.  My room is tiny 11X11 with 11 foot ceilings.  It holds all my crafting, sewing supplies, business things, ironing board, iron, a wall to wall bank of cabinets and shelves.and cricut.  Did I mention I am a serious contender for she who dies with the most fabric wins? I cringe to show these pics since I'm the pretty organized type.  But I wanted you to know there was hope out there with a few hours work(OK 9 hours).
Step 1 PURGE  Take everything out of there that doesn't belong.  Toss the trash and make a pile of donate and one move to another room.  give yourself 1 hour to do this.  Focus, focus, focus.
Step 2 Start at one corner and work your way around the room, clean off shelves and other flat surfaces and straighten as you go.
Step 3 Organize in groups.  All the sewing things together, fabric together etc.
Clean windows, wood work, or equipment, anything that gets grimy.
Step 4 Vacuum
Step 5  Take a break.  I suggest cookies and tea or a big glass of wine.
Step 6  Try to keep things this way.  Put away as you go and when you're finished with a project pick up your mess.



Most of this pile was from Christmas so it needs to go in the attic.


Piles and piles from projects during the holidays.  For those of you that have asked that white thing in the middle is my cricut.  It's lightweight and easy to move.



Sewing area cleaned up.
Enjoy your newly cleaned up room

No comments:

Post a Comment