Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

kitchen cabinets part2

A while back I showed a couple of pictures of samples of paint for my kitchen cabinets.  Well after much prep, work and discussion(loud discussion) they are finished.  Originally I wanted to paint the cabinets black.  I'm a very messy cook and AH is kind of a slob, so the white cabinets, as much as I liked them, just were too much work.  I then tried a sample of a black crackle under coat with cream top coat.  I liked it but hubs didn't.  He so rarely complains about the projects I do that I know it really bugs him if he speaks up.  So in the interest of peace in our house I settled for solid cream paint.  What I would really like to do is resurface the fronts with cherry and add new hardware, but that's just not in the budget.  I did find antique crystal knobs at Habitat for Humanity but only enough for the bottoms doors and drawers.  I'm sure I can find something for the top doors that will work with what we have.
I you happen to have a stash of at least 6 of these oval knobs let me know, I'll take them off your hands.




No comments:

Post a Comment