Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

chicken and noodles

I like my chicken and noodles to be supper healthy and full of vegetables.  There are as many vegies in this recipe as there is chicken and noodles.
Here's what you need:
3-4 chicken breast cut into chunks
1lg onion
2-3 carrots
2-3 stalks of celery
3-4 garlic cloves
4-6C chicken broth
1 7oz bag egg noodles
Peel all the vegetables and garlic, pulse in the food processor until finely chopped
Dump everything except noodles in the Crock pot add enough broth to cover.  Salt and pepper to taste.  Cook 6-8 hours adding noodles the last 1-11/2 hours depending on how thick they are.
This is better than any meds for a cold or flu.




Several people have asked me why I always say salt and pepper to taste.  So many recipes call for lots of additional salt you may want to leave out if you are on a low or no salt diet.  Make it taste good to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment