Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Monday, January 2, 2012

New years resolutions

I don't make resolutions.  I'm not going to loose 50# eat perfectly and exercise everyday.  I can only try to do better.  Why set yourself up for failure so early in the year with impossible goals?  I do however believe in taking stock of how things have gone for the past year.  So find a quiet place away from all distractions and take a few minutes to ask yourself some of the harder questions.  Have I treated the people I love with kindness and respect?  Have I tried to treat others the way I want to be treated(including the rude, obnoxious  people I'll never see again)?  How is my relationship with God, my spouse, my family, friends and my community?  Am I living my life to the fullest?  Am I happy where I am in life right now?  If not what changes can I make?  Remember you can not change anything in your life except you.  If you keep doing things the same old way over and over how can you expect your life to change?
 Have  joyous and wonderful 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment