Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

playing with paper pulp

Sometimes I just have to get my hands messy and play around experimenting .  I had gotten these cookie molds out junking and decided I'd make paper pulp and use the molds to form something I could use in other art work.
Take 6-8 plain, cheap paper towels and tear them in small pieces.  Put the pieces in a blender or food processor and cover with water, I used about 2 cups.  Run until it's mush.  Scoop out and pile into molds.  press down with your hand over a sink to remove most of the water.  Press firmly and evenly with a towel to remove even more water.  I then put mine in the oven on the lowest setting until they were dry about 5 hours, or you could put them over a heat vent.  Gently use the tip of a knife to remove the image and let dry.



The resulting form is the exact shape of the mold.  The results will be revealed later.  Hmm what can I make?  A valentine, a picture, can I water color, stamp, decoupage or add other embellishments?  Check next week.  What would you do?  Send me ideas I'd love to hear your ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment