Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Friday, July 24, 2015

tub tea


I'm always looking for new ideas and products for VCB.  Last year we had good success with a milk bath.  The bottle were glass and expensive so I wanted to come up with an alternative.  I started with the same base of Epsom salts, corn starch, baking soda, dry milk and oatmeal.  I added dry lavender and lavender oils to the mix for the  aroma therapy benefits.  I fashioned the bags from coffee filters with a couple drops of glue to hold them together.  I added 3T to each bag and  sealed them with a spot of hot glue.  I haven't gotten any reports on how they work yet but I'll let you know.




Two weeks later the reports on the tub tea are in.  The general consensus is the ingredients, scent and relaxation properties are great, the packaging needs some work, as they fell apart and left a lavender and oatmeal mess in the tub.  I'll have to look a heat sealed tea bags or maybe a burrito wrap of the coffee filters.  Back to the drawing board.

No comments:

Post a Comment