Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Monday, July 27, 2015

cute chair redo

I bought this chair at a rummage sale for $3.00.  The wood was scratched, the cushions outdated and it really smelled.  I threw out the cushions, put the chair in the shower for a good scrubbing with soap and bleach because of all the mildew covering it, thus the smell.  Afterwards I gave it 3 coats of ivory spray paint and a new cushion seat.  The hardest part was getting the ruffle off the frame, the staples were so rusty they kept breaking.  Now it looks fresh and new and is very comfortable.

stinky before

bicentennial fabric cushions

ready for paint, I did remove the strapping before painting 

in the living room.  I threw a quilt on the back for a little softness but will probably make a back cushion for it.  Soon it will be off the the consignment store.  I think it looks pretty good for a $3 investment.  I had everything else left from other projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment