Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

kitchen addition



Before I start a big Happy Birthday to my friend and loyal reader, Nina, it's time for a birthday trip girl!
A friend gave me this great red cabinet.  I knew it was a special and unique piece and I had to keep it for myself.  So far the weather has not cooperated with spraying it out side but as soon as it does this baby will have a new coat of white paint and will be sitting in my kitchen between my two windows.

The weather finally cooperated enough to get this piece painted it took 4 coats of primer and paint to cover the red.  AH is going to make a drop down desk top soon but for now it looks great sitting in my newly painted  kitchen.  I wanted to show off the color but it just wouldn't show up well in any of the pictures I shot.  It's hard to describe, in some light it looks, aqua, sometimes it looks blue, other times it seems green and on a dreary day it looks grey.  It is a very pale green/blue that seems to blend with anything.  Here's the after.

I think this side of the kitchen is done
TADA!  of course I don't have it full yet, maybe tomorrow.  It will hold more china and act as my desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment