Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Friday, July 17, 2015

soap time


HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my good friend Jeane, I don't get to see you much these days and I miss that.  Expect a kidnapping soon.

I know it seems like the holiday season is a long way off but our shows will be here before you know it.  I always make soap early so it has time to dry and harden.  That makes the soap last much longer.  I'm trying this year to make the soap a little more upscale with better colors and design.  I don't want to offer just a plain old bar of soap.  I want it to be beautiful and unlike what you can buy any place else.  So far I've made a layered pink grapefruit, a honey, milk and oatmeal that smells amazing and leaves you skin ultra soft and a mixed peach and white jasmine cube soap with a sprinkle of sea salt.





Jasmine is a known aphrodisiac and is thought to  be one of the most romantic scents

pink grapefruit is a wonderful energizer

honey, milk and oatmeal are all known for their soothing skin softening properties  I made this in a Pringles can but could have poured it into a flat baking pan and cut the rounds with a cookie cutter 

No comments:

Post a Comment