Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Monday, March 4, 2013

I get by with a little help from my friends

Last week was my birthday, and as a lady of a certain age, I decided to celebrate all week long.  Sunday we went to see the movie Safe Haven and out to dinner.  Wednesday friends came to celebrate, yeah I had to cook, but I like that.  Friday we went out again and Saturday we did my favorite stir fry place, an art show and my favorite thrift shops.  That is more eating out than we usually do in a month but celebrate we must.  Most of my family does not live close enough to see on a weekly basis so I am very blessed to have the good friends I do.  They will tell me if I'm being a pain or my hair is sticking straight up.  They are also there no matter what, when I need them.  They took me to therapy these last few weeks, did or took me shopping for groceries, brought us meals, listened to me complain and gave me plenty of encouragement.  I couldn't do without them.
Yes friendships change through the years, some by death, divorce, jobs or moves.  Some are gone when interests change, even a couple when they showed themselves not to be who I thought they were.  All in all I have been very lucky to have had these friends come into my life.  So celebrate your friendships, don't let them languish because you're busy and cherish every one for what you  bring into each others lives.  PS celebrate your birthdays, all month long if you can get away with it, you have earned each one.





No comments:

Post a Comment