Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Friday, March 1, 2013

hamburger soup

We eat a lot of soup around here in the winter.  Usually I make my vegetable soup with chuck roast cut into cubes, browned and simmered for hours but some times I want something a little quicker so I make hamburger vegetable soup, I can have this on the table in well under an hour.
1 1/2# ground beef you could use chicken, turkey or pork also
1C each diced carrots, onion and celery
1can 28oz diced tomatoes
1 can mushrooms
1tsp salt, pepper, garlic powder and oregano
1/2tsp thyme
1 bag equally 2-3C of frozen mixed vegetables
beef broth
Feel free to add what ever vegtables your family likes along with small pasta or barley if you want..
Brown the meat in a little olive oil add the rest of the vegetables and seasoning, cover with the beef broth and simmer until everything is cooked about 30min
a little fresh Parmesan sprinkled on top is a great addition along with warm bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment