Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Easter table favors

I love to do special favors for my guests to take home after a special occasion.  I saw these tiny peat pots, about 2", at a local garden center and thought they were the perfect size for Easter baskets.  I put candy eggs in these but the would be perfect for a small gift of jewelry or cash.
Dab white paint over the pots and let dry, do not cover all the peat, leave a little.  I glued torn dictionary pages, a twine bow, old buttons and a punched out circle.  I added an inspirational word printed on the computer, torn and antiqued with ink. I filled the inside with a scrap of tulle, old pattern paper and a few shreds of sparkly Easter filler.
 This would be a perfect favor for a shower or large group project..  The pots were 12 for $1.00 and everything else I found in my stash..  You could use bigger pots as gift baskets.  More on that later.





No comments:

Post a Comment