Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Friday, March 8, 2013

caprese chicken

Most of the time I find a recipe that looks promising and then make it to suit our tastes.  This time I looked a several recipes, threw them out the window and came up with this caprese chicken.
4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts  split in the center but not all the way through and open it up like a book.  Pound thin.
Set up a dredging station with the first place being flour, the second being 2 eggs and 1/4C water beat together and the third 1 1/2C panko bread crumbs mixed with 1/2C Parmesan cheese.  I used foil pie pans for each station but you could use plates or wide bowls.  Dip your chicken first in flour, second in egg mix and then into panko and cheese.  Lay these in a single layer on wax paper on a tray a refrigerate for at least an hour.  I pan fried mine in a little olive oil but I think they would be better broiled until done.  When the chicken is done top with a slice of mozzarella cheese and heat until melted.  Top with salad mix, recipe below.  Make the salad while the chicken is chilling.  Serve with garlic bread or angel hair pasta.

1# Campari tomatoes or any other small ripe tomato cut into quarters.  Put them in a medium bowl and add 1/4C olive oil, only the really good stuff.
1tsp dried basil or 4-6 leaves of fresh chopped
1tsp oregano
1/2tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste

Sorry no picture. It's wandering around in another file and when I find it I'll share.

No comments:

Post a Comment