Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Friday, November 16, 2012

Generosity

At a recent craft show we were set up next to a lady named Jan, a fabulous photographer who gives the profits of what she sells to breast cancer research.  She has lost a daughter to this ugly disease as well as being a survivor herself.  She is an inspiration to everyone who's life she touches.  As we chatted during the slow times of the show I told her about all the junking and thrifting I love to do and what I make with my finds.  The next show we did she was set up also and brought me two big bags full of the most beautiful linens, table clothes, doilies, pillowcases, each thing was more spectacular than the next. I spread the items on my table and took a few picks.  More importantly I've made a new friend.  I've heard it said that people come into your life at the right time to teach you and help you grow.  I love that idea and hope I can be an inspiration and show such kindness and generostity to someone else.





No comments:

Post a Comment