Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Friday, November 30, 2012

pasta fagioli

I made this for the entire family while celebrating over Thanksgiving.  A big bowl of soup and a roll or two made a complete meal.  I think it tastes better than Olive Garden.

1# ground round
1C diced carrots, celery and onion
3-4 cloves garlic minced
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
12oz V8 juice
1 can red kidney beans and great northern beans
2tsp salt, oregano, and basil
1/2 tsp thyme and pepper
1/2# ditalini pasta cooked to aldente and drained
Brown the meat, drain off the grease
Dump in everything else and simmer until vegetables are tender, about an hour.  Add pasta and simmer about 10 more minutes.  If it is too thick you could add beef stock or water.  Serve with grated Parmesan and whatever kind of bread you like.
Note to my family: I doubled this for us

No comments:

Post a Comment