Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Monday, November 5, 2012

painting glass

I wanted to make some soap pumps in different colors and decided to paint the glass jars.  I've seen several recipes using Mod Podge but they are not water proof.  I got out some glass paints a friend had given me and gave them a shot. They were the Delta transparent glass paints, you can wash them off for ten days and then the color is permanent.  I brushed on a coat and let it dry.  FAIL!! it was a streaky mess.  Washed that off and tried again using a foam makeup sponge, I patted it on let that coat dry and did a second coat.  It worked, I did them in green, purple and pink and they turned out great.
Don't be afraid to try something new, you can always to it again and learn from your mistakes.  The colors look much brighter in the picture than they do in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment