Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Monday, November 26, 2012

Family Fun

Since last Saturday, we have spent  days celebrating the Thanksgiving holiday with family.  First we had the holiday with our kids, grand kids and in laws.  We went to son Ronnie's for a huge meal.  He and Sara did all the cooking and clean up.  I didn't have to cook a thing.  Even when you love cooking that's nice sometimes.  We spent the rest of the week end with the kids which was great.  I did teach grandson Chase how to use the bed as a trampoline, probably not the best idea, but he loved it.  The first part of the week was spent getting some gifts finished up and making goodies to take to my parents house.  Thanksgiving day we spent traveling.  The nonstop eating began on Thursday evening and lasted through Saturday night.  Healthy diet was not part of the menu.  We got to see my brother Rick and meet his new lady friend.  I'm sure Christine thought we were all nuts, especially when my sis and I took her thrift store and curbside shopping.  She fit right in, so she must be a little crazy herself.  Saturday was an early birthday celebration of Mom's and niece Hollie's birthdays and another eat-a-thon.  My mother proved once again that I get my control freak nature straight from her when she could hardly stand to be out of the kitchen while we made dinner.
I am so blessed to have the weird and wacky family that I do.










No comments:

Post a Comment