Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Monday, November 12, 2012

Woe is me

Three shows and a Christmas bazaar in four weeks, going to work, all the insanity of an everyday life, did I have to get a cold too?  I know whine, whine, whine.  As a diabetic I have to be extra cautious about medications that I take.  I've had a couple of very bad reactions to over the counter cold and flu meds so I try to treat myself with natural cures as much as possible.  I read about putting eucalyptus oil on your feet before going to bed to stop coughs.  I tried it and it really worked.  I had been coughing my head off every time I laid down.  I put on the oil with a cotton ball, pulled on some socks and didn't cough again for seven hours.  I'm a believer.  You can buy the oil in most health care stores or on line.  You could even try using Vicks but that would be a little messy.

No comments:

Post a Comment