Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Monday, December 3, 2012

pizza soup

We were having friends over to play dominos over the weekend so I decided to try a new soup.  I found three different recipes, combined them together and this is what I came up with.

2# italian sausage remove casings if it comes that way
2T olive oil
1 onion and green pepper chopped
4 cloves garlic minced
1 can 15oz diced tomatoes
1 can 8oz tomato sauce
8oz mushrooms sliced or I used 2 small cans juice and all
2 15oz cans beef broth or 2 cans water 3-4tsp beef bouillon
2tsp oregano and basil or to taste
1/2# ditalini or any small pasta
Salt and pepper to taste
You can really add any kind of meat or vegetables to this soup, how about canalini beans, pepperoni or zucchini?
Brown the sausage in oil and drain
Add everything else except pasta and simmer until tender about 30 minutes, add pasta the last 15 minutes
Serve with Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes

No comments:

Post a Comment