Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

how to make a swag

Making a large swag of greens, berries, cones  and ribbon is really easier than making a wreath.  You need  greener, I used cedar, boxwood and arborvitae.  Arrange the branches in your hand with the longest in the back and shorter toward the front.  I usually start with the first layer, wire that then build an X shape from there.  Keep adding greens and embellishments wiring each tightly.  Finish with a full bow.  Make sure to form a loop with your wire on the back for hanging.  This one was a little top heavy so I added and extra tie of wire toward the top.  This one took about 15 minutes and is about 12' wide and 36" long.

1 comment: