Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Monday, September 5, 2011

wine time

peaches look bad because they are organic but inside they are delicious


branches loaded down


concord grapes


full arbor

the other mad scientist, Kathy


Me in all my grunginess.  I was covered in juice and still have grape gunk in my nails.  You don't really stomp grapes, but it's tradition.
 Just wine a little... you'll feel better. A good motto to live by.  I hadn't made wine since my hippie back to the land days of the seventies.  Last year my friend KathyF had so many plums ,and was sick and tired of making jam, so we made plum wine with the leftovers.  A year latter it's a pretty respectable sweet wine.  So of course we have to make wine this year.  As with all things of  nature they are ready on Gods time table not ours.  The grapes and peaches were all ready yesterday.  I picked fruit all morning and we spent the afternoon and evening chopping peaches, stemming grapes and stirring up our brew.  They are in their first fermenting buckets and bubbling away.  To be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment