Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

candlestick redo

I had purchased this set of 3 candlesticks at a resale store with a 75% sale.  Even with the sale they were $8.00 for the trio. I know I'm cheap, cheap, cheap. They are not all alike, they just mix well together.  The sticks were made for regular taper candles , but I wanted something a little bigger.
 Here's what I did:  I took glass coasters You know those things grandma use to put under her furniture so the carpet wouldn't get messed up.  I had purchased theseat a RS for $.25, added two drops of hot glue to the bottom of each put them on the sticks and added 3" pillars.  An almost instant center piece or grouping.   You could also use sticky tack  The glue will peel right off if you want to switch to taper candles.
 Look at what you have from all sides to see if you can make it more your style.  You'll never know until you try, what you might come up with from things you all ready have around the house.


just a couple of drops of hot glue will keep these steady

simple coasters I think you can still but these at most  hardware stores, but the ones I've seen are plastic.

chunky candle sticks are more my style


No comments:

Post a Comment