Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

birthday boys

Thirty-five years ago today I got the surprise of my life when I went to the hospital to have one baby and came home with two.  Ultrasound was not available, at the time, and even the doctor didn't know I was having twins until the second one was on the way out.  What a shock to everyone.  They about had to pick AH up off the floor, especially when the Dr joked there was a third baby coming..  He ran around in a daze for days trying to gather enough things for another baby.  Fortunately we had fantastic family and friend support to help us through those first few hectic weeks. 
You parents of multiples know what I'm saying about the no sleep, zombie brain you have after months of being up many times per night.  Eventually we did sleep and they grew into extremely active little boys, teenagers and finally adults.  Today they are fabulous husbands, fathers and sons and I could not be prouder.  They still like to give their Mom a hard time and are as ornery as ever.  They still call us for advice and opinions and we are a close family despite the distance between us.  Rarely does a day go by that I don't talk to one of the three of them.  I love that.







Three weeks old.  We tried everything short of abuse to keep them awake, but they were not cooperating


1 year cute as can be



Nathan age 5 he's the oldest by 4 minutes
 

Richie age 5 he's the mouthiest by a bunch


So cool at 17 for graduation
 


 


 
DIL Barb and Nate

DIL Brandi and Rich
Parenthood is the hardest and most important job you will ever have.  Enjoy every moment you can and when times get hard, know that it will pass too soon. 


HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY PRECIOUS BOYS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment