Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

light redo

I got this light free and decided it would be a great accent for the bathroom redo.  It had been converted to an aquarium.  It still had the plastic plants and gravel in it, boy did it stink.  I took it apart, cleaned it well and let it sit open for a couple of weeks.  I cut a vein and leaf stencil from contact paper, attached the vines around the globe and used etching cream to frost the rest of the glass.  I did this twice to get a heavier frost.  I bought a socket kit from the hardware store and rewired the light.  I found a piece of chain to hang it up.  Total cost $3.50, for the socket and hook to hang it on.  AH had to run the wires through the ceiling because we had never had a light in the center of the room.  He's handy that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment