Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Friday, August 14, 2015

new ride

I am not a car person by any stretch of the imagination.  As long as it's dependable, comfortable and does what I need it to do, which is haul a lot of stuff, I'm good.  In the 44 years AH and I have been married I have had 8 cars, three of them for around a year each the rest until the wheels fall off them.  We once had a VW bus with close to 200,000 miles on it that blew up just as we turned the corner going to our house.  We are the kind of customers car dealerships hate.  Our friends and family accuse us of being crazy and tightwads. We had been casually looking for a new van for a few months, drive a couple then found this 2014, low mileage Chrysler Town a dn Country for a great price.  That price is more than twice what we paid for our house but in today's economy still a great deal.  This thing has more bells and whistles than I can ever imagine using.  The thing I like best are the stow and go seats that fold into the floor board, making the back large enough to fit 4X8 sheets of plywood.  It's going to take a while to figure how to use everything and where all the important things are but so far we both really like it.  I think this one will be around for a looong time.


No comments:

Post a Comment