Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

epic fail

I recently raided my sons basement for furniture to flip.  We had a little rain the morning we were coming home and the furniture got wet.  Unfortunately this little desk I thought would just need a quick coat of paint was made mostly of MDF.  That stuff doesn't like rain one tiny bit.  It looked ok when I got it home except the top was bubbled. I'm glad I didn't pay any money for it.  When I started trying to pull off the top to replace it the whole thing just fell apart in my hands.  All that's left are the legs which are wood and the drawer that didn't get wet.  Time for plan B.  This pile will never be a desk again but I will keep the legs and drawer.  Lessons learned: never listen to your husband when he says it's not going to rain and always carry cheap tarps or plastic with you on junking missions.


No comments:

Post a Comment