Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Monday, July 14, 2014

look in your own backyard

My friend Nina's birthday was last week so we ran away from home to celebrate. It always amazes me when I hear people say they have never been to an event or place in their own neighborhood, but they are willing to travel for hours and pay big bucks to do the same thing some place else.  That's exactly what we did less than an hour drive from home.  We came across this charming winery called Tuscan Hills in Effingham, Il.  It was beautiful, peaceful and from what the other girls said the wine was great.  I couldn't indulge, I had dental surgery the previous day and was still taking pain meds.  They tasted wine, we explored the area and enjoyed the beautiful day.  It would be a perfect place for a big party or wedding reception.  Look in your backyard for new places to check out.




No comments:

Post a Comment