Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Friday, July 18, 2014

shabby chic

I like to keep things interesting and busy in my life so I signed up to do a vintage home show this fall.  I've been picking up small pieces at thrift shops and rummage sales all summer to fix up.  I found this ugly stained table with a warped peeling top in the free pile at a recent sale.  I sanded it lightly, painted it black, distressed  then waxed it.  I pitched the top and glued on a tile I picked up for $6 on clearance.  It looks perfect and ready to sell.  The model is pretty cute too.


No comments:

Post a Comment