Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

We're done YEA!!!

The patio we've been working on since the beginning of summer is done, well almost.  We are still in discussion on what to do with the stump at the end.  My idea is to put a stacked ring of bricks around it and form a flower bed.  AH wants to have the stump ground out and carry the bricks all the way across to add extra square footage.  When we christened the patio last weekend with neighbors, family and s'mores we really could have used a table.  For now the patio is usable and we really enjoy it.  I'm still having nightmares about cleaning bricks but at least my shoulders and neck don't hurt all the time.  A big project like this is hard work but we do get a lot of satisfaction from completing the job.  The total cost was about $500, most of that was the fire pit at $300 and the sand at around $100.

Great looking fire pit we bought as a kit at Menards.  In the background is the bench we made from a head board and a table made from the base of a bird bath and a pizza pan

Cool vintage chairs spray painted just the right colors.  Even cooler grand daughter.

Nina and Kathy, they have listened to all my moaning and groaning all summer long

That paddle in my grandsons hand is a bug zapper, I don't think there were any bugs on his mom

Dose this guy ever put his phone away???


instant garden bed, 8 clearance plants, 5 bags of mulch a couple of decorations.  We put this all in in less than an hour.

We still have a brick pile just much smaller.  The stool is what I cleaned all the bricks on so it has to stick around.

The end of the patio for now until we decide what to do with the stump.

Thrifted vanity chair, spray paint and when the fern wouldn't stay up right a couple of paint sticks to keep it level.

I put all my buckets and big pots of herbs around for color and scent.

No comments:

Post a Comment