Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Garden show

Kathy and I had our first show of the season this last weekend.  Of course we each had to do a little retail therapy.  Lucky for us we were next to the Marshal FFA.  The group had loads of flowers and plants they had grown themselves.  I would much prefer buying from a community or school group than a business. I bought nine gallon size perennials for $30 and 10 pink geraniums for $5.  The going retail price for that size perennial is $8-15.  The geraniums usually run $1-1.50 at the big box stores where they aren't cared for very well.  More planting to come.
Always check local schools, gardening groups and community colleges.  The prices may not be the lowest but the plants will be healthy, disease free and taken care of.

russian sage, yarrow

toad lily, iris

begonias I'll over winter

No comments:

Post a Comment