Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Friday, May 16, 2014

garden fun

I've been wanting two tall planters for each side of my front door.  Now you know I'm not going to pay big prices for some of the fancy planters I've seen, so I improvised.  AH used some sand to level patio blocks we had laying around, I spray painted two metal waste baskets I'd picked up recently.  I filled the bottom half with packing peanuts then planted bright flowers in them.  They stand about 30" tall now and will be closer to 40" when the flowers start to fill in.  Since I had everything on hand the total cost was about $30 for the pair.  Most of that was for the flowers, the purple osteospurnum alone were $6 each.  I also planted sweet potato vines, white salvia and petunias.  You can't tell the cans are different sizes and slightly different shapes, I think that makes them more interesting.



No comments:

Post a Comment